Manfrotto MVH500A Fluid Video Head with MVT502AM Tripod and Carry Bag
• Supports 11 Pounds
• Wide Platform for Camcorders & HDSLRs
• 60mm Half Ball for Leveling
• Spring-Loaded Counterbalance
• Side Lock Quick Release System
• Integrated Bubble Level
• Two-Stage Tripod with Mid-Level Spreader
• 26.6 to 60.6" Height Range
• Rubber Feet
• Padded Carry Bag
The Manfrotto MVH500A Fluid Drag Video Head with MVT502AM Tripod and Carry Bag features a fluid head with a wide platform to support the HDSLR form factor, and a 60mm half ball for quick leveling without adjusting the legs. The head supports a maximum weight load of 11 pounds and has a built-in, pre-set spring-loaded counterbalance of 5.3 pounds. It features a tilt range of -70°/+90° and provides a panning rotation of 360°. The head also features a side lock system for the sliding quick release plate, a pan handle, and an integrated bubble level.
The two-stage tripod features a 75mm bowl and includes a 75 to 60mm adapter for the MVH500A head. The legs are individually adjustable and feature a mid-level spreader for stability on uneven ground. The minimum height of the tripod and head is just over two feet, for getting low angle shots, and the maximum height is just over five feet. The legs feature non-removable feet suitable for exteriors and interiors, and are gentle on delicate floors. The included padded carry bag makes transporting your tripod and head simple and easy.
• The wide camera platform provides support for DSLR cameras, making this head suitable for both camcorders and DSLR cameras.
• The 60mm half ball allows you to quickly level the head without having to readjust the legs. It also makes it simpler to create Dutch angle shots without dangerously unbalancing the tripod.
• The spring-loaded counterbalance is fixed at 5.3 pounds; however, the head supports 11 pounds, and the counterbalance will still provide assistance when using camera setups heavier than 5.3 pounds.
• Professional fluid cartridges provide fixed fluid drag in both the pan and tilt axes.
• The head features a tilt range of 90 degrees forward and 70 degrees back, allowing you to tilt the camera straight down, and tilt it almost straight up.
• The head pans through 360 degrees, allowing you to take long panoramic shots or spin the camera around on the head.
• The side lock system allows the sliding QR plate to click into the head from above, instead of needing to be aligned and slid in from the back. This gives you the speed of a touch and go quick release with the balance adjustment capability of a sliding plate.
• An integrated bubble level on the head aids you in quickly leveling the fluid head.
• The included 500PLONG sliding quick release plate includes both a 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 camera tie-down screws.
• The head includes one pan bar and features two pan bar mounting rosettes, one on each side of the head, for left or right-handed operation. A second optional pan bar allows you to operate the head with two pan bars at the same time.
• The Easy Link connector is a 3/8"-16 threaded hole in the side of the head that allows you to easily mount accessories to the fluid head itself, and not the camera.
• Featuring a 75mm bowl for attaching a fluid head, a 75 to 60mm adapter is included for using with the MVH500A head.
• The tripod legs can support over 33 pounds, easily carrying the weight of the fluid head and camera. The closed length (without fluid head) is just over two feet, has a height range of 22.4 to 56.5 inches, and weighs only 4.3 pounds.
• The legs are constructed out of oval aluminum tubes for strength and durability. Each leg can be independently raised and lowered when required.
• The mid-level spreader helps prevent instability that a ground-level spreader can introduce when working on uneven surfaces.
• Non-removable rubber feet provide secure grip and are gentle on delicate surfaces, such as interior floors.
• An elastic leg strap helps keep the legs secured together during transportation and storage.
Padded Carry Bag
The padded carry bag keeps your tripod and head together during storage or transport.
11 lb (5 kg)
Head Attachment Fitting
60 mm half ball
Counter Balance System
Counter Balance Range
Pre-set to 5.3 lb (2.4 kg)
Quick Release/Wedge Plate
Yes – 500PLONG
Fluid cartridge with fixed drag
Spring Loaded Counter Balance
1 – included
-4 to 140°F (-20 to 60°C)
34.9" (12.6 cm)
2.5 lb (1.1 kg)
Head Attachment Fitting
75 mm bowl
Note: The included 60 to 75 mm adapter is required to use the head on the tripod
Material of Construction
Leg Lock Type
Independent Leg Spread
Spiked / Retractable Feet
33 lb (15 kg)
22.4" (56.9 cm)
56.5" (143.5 cm)
24.2" (61.5 cm)
4.3 lb (1.9 kg)
Fluid Head & Tripod
11 lb (5 kg)
26.6" (67.6 cm)
60.6" (153.9 cm)
28.4" (72.1 cm)
6.8 lb (3.1 kg)
IN THE BOX
• Manfrotto MVH500A Fluid Drag Video Head with MVT502AM Tripod and Carry Bag
• Manfrotto 500PLONG Video Camera Plate
• 1/4"-20 Camera Tie-Down Screw
• 3/8"-16 Camera Tie-Down Screw
• Manfrotto 500HLV Pan Bar Handle for Select Video Heads
• 75 to 60mm Head Fitting Adapter
• Elastic Leg Safety
• Limited 6-Month Warranty, Extendable to 5 Years with Product Registration